Dining outside is, for many people, one of the great joys in life.The blend of good food and fresh air makes for a pleasant evening, time after time. Guests of our Savannah Vacation Homes are close to many excellent restaurants in Savannah: read on to discover some of our favorite outdoor dining spots:
- Tubby’s Tank House. The deck is perched over River Street and offers unbeatable views of the Savannah River. Misters keep diners cool even on the hottest days. Try the catch of the day, the delectable crab cakes, or the filet mignon, but save room for a piece of pecan pie, baked by Tubby himself every day. 115 E. River Street.
- Huey’s Southern Cafe. Watch bustling River Street or shipping traffic on the Savannah River as you savor food with a distinctly New Orleans flavor. Po-boys, Gumbo, Muffuletta… if you find yourself pining for New Orleans while in Savannah, head to Huey’s. 115 E. River Street.
- The Crab Shack. The food is simple and fresh, and it can’t be beat. Dine along Chimney Creek, shaded by live oaks draped with Spanish Moss. You’ll be warm on chilly days and cool on hot days. There’s a waterfall, there’s a lighthouse, and there are alligators. The experience is sure to be unforgettable. 40 Estill Hammock Road, Tybee Island.
Guests are always welcome to cook in our Savannah Vacation Rentals. Each home has a fully equipped kitchen, and each has a place to enjoy a meal outside. Take-out is another option for travelers who’d like to avoid cooking. Try the following restaurants when you want to enjoy a meal at your home away from home:
- Zunzi’s. Just minutes from any of our Savannah Vacation Homes, this small restaurant offers tasty food and generous portions for a very reasonable price. 108 E. York Street.
- Hirano’s South Side. Swing by Hirano’s after a day at Fort McAllister State Historic Park. Pick up a bowl of yakisoba, a plate of spicy chicken, and as much sushi as you can eat. 13015 Abercorn St.