Given Savannah’s rich history, it should come as no surprise that the city is home to many outstanding antique shops.
Our gracious Savannah Vacation Home at 109 West Liberty Street is just around the corner from quite a few antique shops:
- Everett and Cobb Antiques & Interiors specializes in 17th, 18th, 19th, and early 20 century art, furniture, and accessories.
- Arthur Smith Antiques is filled with interesting old clocks, mirrors, rugs, tables, lamps, and more. It’s a fun place to spend a few hours.
- V&J Duncan sells interesting old maps, engravings, mezzotints, lithographs, photographs, books, and more.
- George Davis Antiques and Interiors imports hand selected furniture and accessories from the Continent and England. Their pieces are carefully restored.
- Southern Charm Antiques is a good spot to find vintage linens, elegant Depression-era crystal, and fine porcelain and china.
- Jeres Antiques has been in the business for more than 35 years. Their selection of fine antiques is impressive, and they also hand build copies of English and Continental antiques.
More antique shops are found in other neighborhoods, such as the Starland District , also known as the Thomas Square Streetcar District:
- It’s fun to lose yourself in 37th @ Abercorn Antiques & Design. Its 6 city blocks (7,000 square feet) are filled with antique furniture, jewelry, collectibles, art, quilts, and more. There’s even a European Café and French Bakery, for refueling while shopping.
- Fran Campbell Antiques and Interiors specializes in upscale 18th and 19th century furniture, primarily English and American. Assorted objets d’art, accessories, and porcelain from Asia are also predominant.
- If you’re staying at one of our Savannah Vacation Homes because you needed a break from restoring your own historic home, you may want to check out Pinch of the Past, an architectural hardware supplier with an impressive selection of salvaged goods.
Browsing for antiques is always fun, even in you’re not in the market for a particular item. Savannah is, simply put, a great city for antiquing. See for yourself the next time you stay at one of our Savannah Vacation Rental Homes.