Savannah is not so much the example as the rule when it comes to Southern hospitality and, as we all know, a decent percentage of hospitality relies upon good food and drink.
Come and experience Savannah’s premier culinary event! The 12th Annual Taste of Savannah will be held on Thursday, November 8th, 2012 at the Savannah International Trade and Convention Center from 7 – 10pm. Presented by US Foods, this event exhibits Savannah’s most distinct restaurants and caterers. Every entry will serve samples of their favorite menu items.
This year, over 1,000 guests are expected to attend. Attendees will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite food items and their favorite booth decoration. At least 20 entries from Savannah restaurants and caterers have been submitted. The chefs will participate and compete for prestigious awards. Judges will award prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the categories of appetizer, entrée and dessert.
Funds raised from Taste of Savannah will benefit the programs and services of the Savannah Area Tourism Leadership Council. Tickets for the event are just $50. Get your tickets today! Purchase tickets from the Tourism Leadership Council website.
Some of the winning dishes from the 2011 Taste of Savannah:
- Appetizer First Place: Caribbean Pork Tenderloin in Romaine Leaves from Paul Kennedy Catering
- Appetizer Second Place: Wild Georgia Shrimp and Okra Curry over Coconut Rice from StayInSavannah.com
- Appetizer Third Place: Regency Room Salad from River House Seafood
- Entree First Place: Local Grass Fed Beef Shortrib Slider with Stuffed Vidalia Onion Soup from SAVOR…SAVANNAH
- Entree Second Place: Braised Pork Shank from The Olde Pink House
- Entree Third Place: Southern Style Shrimp & Grits from The Mulberry Inn
Looking for Savannah Lodging?
If you need a place to stay in this lovely city, look no further than Savannah Villas. If privacy and luxury are top priorities for you, than our rental houses in Savannah, GA are precisely what you need. All three properties are located in the historic district of the city, about 10 minutes away from the Savannah Intl. convention center.