The 10th annual Running USA conference is being held in Savannah this year on February 24, 25 & 26. This is running’s premier conference and also the largest. Whether you are interested in running as an individual or if you are a vendor, we would like to invite you to stay with us at Savannah Villas, excellent lodging for business travel. We are located one mile away from the conference venue.
The conference theme is “A Bold Past, A Bright Future” and like past gatherings, there will be inspirational and educational speakers and panelists, ideas and best practices presented and exchanged, annual awards, networking opportunities and more.
Special Events for Attendees at the Conference
- Tech Tent and ice cream social presented by ChronoTrack
- Opening reception presented by Leslie Jordan, Inc.
- Women’s Trailblazer Luncheon presented by The Active Network
- Running USA Hall of Champions Dinner and Auction presented by Competitor Group
- Allan Steinfeld Development Award
- Reception presented by MarathonFoto.com
- Youth Awards presented by Ashworth Awards
- Conference expo
- Morning runs with DMSE Sports
Participants at the Color Vibe 5k Run in Savannah last year.
- 2014 site announcement and reception hosted by 2014 city
Running Conference Program Highlights
Daily General Sessions: Industry relevant topics presented to the entire audience.
Idea Labs: One hour sessions and presentations that drill down on specific topics. Each session presenter is considered an expert on their specific topic.
Industry Give & Take Session: The ever popular “round tables” are 20 minute rotations by table topic. Each table is assigned a facilitator of that topic and conversation. This is a great opportunity to share and learn directly from your peers.
Why Stay at a Savannah Vacation Rental?
Firstly, all the rooms at the Hyatt Regency, where the conference is taking place, are already booked. Running USA’s other lodging suggestion, the Bohemian Hotel, is asking over $200 per room. If you choose one of our properties, you support a local business owner, stay in the heart of the historic district of Savannah and have access to full kitchens, where you can prep some of your own food rather than eating out for every meal. Check out our Rental House at 109 West Liberty Street – with comparable prices, especially if you have a group of four or more, we would love to be your Savannah lodging choice!
Spending Christmas in Savannah? Stay at our Savannah Vacation Homes.
There is a reason so many funny movies have been made about the holidays. Combine travel with feasts and family reunions, and there are bound to be some comedic moments. At the same time, it is wonderful to reconnect with loved ones. We suffer through exhausting travel and awkward lodging situations in order to share the holidays with the people we love most in the world. In the end, it’s worth it.
Yet we should still strive to make holiday trips as good as possible. One way to remove stress from the equation is to avoid lodging with friends and family. Why not stay someplace comfortable that is close to them?
Our Savannah Vacation Homes are ideal. Each has a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, and parlor, which allows our guests to entertain friends and family in their own space. The people you’re visiting will be happy to share the burden – and fun – of hosting with you.
Cook in the kitchen or ask us to recommend caterers who will cook for your. Invite folks to your Savannah Vacation Home for drinks and appetizers before dinner or dessert after dinner. Host a breakfast. And after spending the day at someone else’s house, come back and relax in your own home away from home. Sounds perfect, doesn’t it?
Our Savannah Vacation Homes are full for Thanksgiving 2011. The grand house at 109 West is still available for Christmas and may be rented as one property or as three: the main house, the Garden Level, and the Carriage House. Please visit our Savannah Villas Reservations page.
Homecoming is a big deal at Savannah State University. It isn’t just about alumni and it isn’t just about football. It’s about bringing people together and celebrating with friends. Why not gather your old college friends together this year? Our Savannah Vacation Homes are ready to welcome you all.
Homecoming 2011 starts on Sunday, October 23 with a student party at Tiger Arena. It concludes Saturday, October 29 with the Homecoming Parade and Football Game against Hampton University.
The Bill Davis Memorial Golf Tournament will be at Crosswinds Golf Club, Homecoming 2011.
Additional events include:
- Aphrodite’s Closet Fashion Show at Tiger Arena, 8 p.m., Oct. 26.
- Jester’s Corner Comedy Show at Tiger Arena, 8 p.m. Oct. 27.
- Bill Davis Memorial Golf Tournament, 7:30 a.m., Oct. 28.
- Festival of the Tiger Carnival, Felix-Alexis Circle, 12 – 4 p.m., Oct. 28.
- Homecoming Student Concert, 7 p.m., October 28.
- Coronation of Miss SSU, Christelle Bakatukanda, at Tiger Arena, 8 p.m. Oct. 28.
- Battle of the Odyssey Greek Step Show, Tiger Arena, 8 p.m., Oct. 29.
- Ole Skool Homecoming Concert, Wiley-Wilcox Gymnasium, 8 p.m., Oct. 29.
More detailed event information is available at Savannah State University Homecoming.
Please see our Savannah Vacation Rentals Reservations page for availability.
Photo compliments of Crosswinds Golf Club.
Dining outside is, for many people, one of the great joys in life.The blend of good food and fresh air makes for a pleasant evening, time after time. Guests of our Savannah Vacation Homes are close to many excellent restaurants in Savannah: read on to discover some of our favorite outdoor dining spots:
The Crab Shack is a fun place to eat.
- Tubby’s Tank House. The deck is perched over River Street and offers unbeatable views of the Savannah River. Misters keep diners cool even on the hottest days. Try the catch of the day, the delectable crab cakes, or the filet mignon, but save room for a piece of pecan pie, baked by Tubby himself every day. 115 E. River Street.
- Huey’s Southern Cafe. Watch bustling River Street or shipping traffic on the Savannah River as you savor food with a distinctly New Orleans flavor. Po-boys, Gumbo, Muffuletta… if you find yourself pining for New Orleans while in Savannah, head to Huey’s. 115 E. River Street.
- The Crab Shack. The food is simple and fresh, and it can’t be beat. Dine along Chimney Creek, shaded by live oaks draped with Spanish Moss. You’ll be warm on chilly days and cool on hot days. There’s a waterfall, there’s a lighthouse, and there are alligators. The experience is sure to be unforgettable. 40 Estill Hammock Road, Tybee Island.
Guests are always welcome to cook in our Savannah Vacation Rentals. Each home has a fully equipped kitchen, and each has a place to enjoy a meal outside. Take-out is another option for travelers who’d like to avoid cooking. Try the following restaurants when you want to enjoy a meal at your home away from home:
- Zunzi’s. Just minutes from any of our Savannah Vacation Homes, this small restaurant offers tasty food and generous portions for a very reasonable price. 108 E. York Street.
- Hirano’s South Side. Swing by Hirano’s after a day at Fort McAllister State Historic Park. Pick up a bowl of yakisoba, a plate of spicy chicken, and as much sushi as you can eat. 13015 Abercorn St.
What is your vision of the perfect wedding? Do you imagine the bride and groom exchanging vows on a wind-swept beach, in an historic church, or before an ornate fountain? Do you picture the happy couple driving away in a horse-drawn carriage or an antique car? Do you imagine a hearty feast, and dancing until dawn?
Any of these dreams may be realized if you have a Savannah Wedding. Savannah has stunning historic architecture. It has dozens of manicured parks with stone fountains. It has majestic trees draped with Spanish moss, and a climate that invites outdoor ceremonies. Right outside of Savannah is Tybee Island, which boasts beaches, parks, and a lighthouse.
The wedding party may stay at one (or several) of our Savannah Vacation Villas. The house at 109 West will easily accommodate a rehearsal dinner, a ceremony, and a reception. Or simply use it as a base, where up to 26 friends and family can relax while in town for your Savannah Wedding.
Whether you live in Savannah or elsewhere, we hope you’ll consider hosting your wedding in this beautiful city.
Remember that wonderful scene in Mary Poppins when Burt (Dick Van Dyke) creates sidewalk chalk paintings? With a little help from the wonder nanny, the children are able to enter the magical world of a painting with Burt and Mary Poppins. The children’s father may scoff at the idea of popping in and out of paintings, but we, the viewer, know the art really did transport them to a magical place.
Check out the SCAD Sidewalk Arts Festival, April 30, 2011, in Savannah.
Your chance to pop into a sidewalk chalk masterpiece arrives on Saturday April 30, 2011 – a good weekend to stay at one of our Savannah Vacation Rentals. The annual SCAD Sidewalk Arts Festival takes place that day in historic Forsyth Park. Current students, prospective students, and alumni from the Savannah College of Art and Design will spend the day creating wonderfully varied chalk paintings on the paths of the park. Saturday April 30, 2011, is the day to see the artwork – it will not last long.
We invite prospective SCAD students and alumni of SCAD to stay at one of our Savannah Vacation Villas. The vacation villa at 109 W. Liberty Street is less than a half mile from Forsyth Park, and even closer to the Savannah College of Art and Design. Our other two Savannah Vacation Villas are approximately a mile from Forsyth Park – easily walkable if you’re a walker.
Enjoy all the city of Savannah has to offer during your stay, from the lovely historic architecture to the Riverfront and the fine shops and restaurants. We do hope you won’t forget to check out the ephemeral chalk masterpieces at Forsyth Park.